Tuesday 19 May 2015

Bempton Cliffs

Bempton Cliffs
17/05/2015
RSPB Bempton Cliffs

Having finally got the problems with my camera fixed and working properly (2 trips to the menders over 2 months!!!), I thought a quick test run with my new lens (Canon 100-400 mm L mk 2) prior to my forthcoming trip to The Isle of Mull, was in order so a quick couple of hours at Bempton seemed to be the very place.
As usual a great place to visit and with the reasonably early trip, the crowds missed, as since the BBC Springwatch special the roads and car park have been jam packed, I even turned around the weekend before as people were parking nearly back to the village. Great for the reserve and RSPB coffers but not brilliant for locals and regular visitors.

Gannets


Guillemots



Kittiwake on 2 eggs

A Kittiwake grabbing nesting material

Not all things were great to see, like this pair of Herring Gulls eating a stolen Guillemots egg!!



No comments:

Post a Comment