Sunday 22 December 2013

Great Northern Diver

Great Northern Diver
21/12/2013
22/12/2013
Scarborough Harbour

At last in reasonable light, I managed to catch up with the seemingly now winter residing juvenile Great Northern Diver in the Harbour at Scarborough, (until the Boxing Day events!!). With limited time this weekend (not managing to get to see the Ivory Gull on the Humber, yet!!) I thought hopefully I might get a few shots of the GND feeding and after a couple hours of waiting on the Sunday morning, while our visitors at home were still getting up, I was lucky enough to get the following shots, just as I was about to leave, which was brilliant. Indeed the GND caught so well in the last 20 minutes it fell asleep before I left, (see last picture!!)

Fine morning and great bird!!

Feeding time!!









Sleep time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment